This is a guest post from Monica Lewers, who for the past few months has been my personal trainer. Her clients keep signing up with her again and again. For one reason: she gets results. In this article she provides some tips on how to not “fall off the wagon” and stay healthly when you are traveling.
Category Archives: Health
ServePro is at my house right now. No, they’re not cleaning up after flood or fire damage, they’re cleaning out the vents in my house. They’ve never been cleaned as long as I’ve lived here (6 years). And I’d be surprised if really if the previous owner ever had it done! Hopefully it will help us breath easier.
I thank God that some good stuff has happened…
- My external 1TB hard drive is working. It was the power cable that didn’t work. A power cable is allot cheaper than a new drive!
- Scheduled someone to come out to the house today and remove the bird’s nest and replace the vent that popped out.
- I have begun the process of importing video from my camera into FinalCut Express from the work I did in St. Louis. This will probably take most of the day due to the hours of video taken. Once it is done, I can clear the camera’s hard drive (which is currently full).
- I’m doing some abb exercises in addition to some exercises that my wife gave me. These are helping. I think this has reduced my discomfort by 35-40%.
- I’m getting a full body massage tonight as well as Sunday Afternoon to ease the pain and loosen things up in my neck and shoulders.
- I’m going to the chiropractor on Monday (its about time). I looked in the mirror two days ago and noticed that I’m really out of wack. No wonder my neck hurts!
- I actually got some real measurable work done for my job. That really helps one feel better emotionally (at least me)!
- I’ve done some work on a web site that my sister and I are working together on. I got the access to the mySQL database that I set up for it working properly.
- I ordered an IPTV service for my house.
Not bad for the last three days!
I’ve not posted allot to my blog lately. I’ve really done no work at all on my web site either. I blame it mainly on poor health. Being distracted by my health, or intentionally distracting myself in some time-wasting activity (such as playing Generals Zero Hour) in order to attempt some diverting of my thoughts away from the unpleasantness of my health to something else.
I’m sick of being sick. I’m working on seriously changing my eating habits in more than just a half-hearted way. I’m exercising more. Man! Life is a serious thing. You can’t just put a quarter in the arcade machine of life and play another game.
How many times have I put up with some consequences of my actions because I was unwilling to really apply myself to the disciple necessary to have success. Now, the consequences are just getting too real, too serious, ultimately to painful to live with. I have to change. Not to change is just too unbearable!
So I march forward as best I can, studying, and most importantly, changing my behaviour.
Sorry for not posting this sooner. Below is Episode 9 of the Orville Chomer Show. It is all about my latest experiments with the Kinoki pad.
Embedded below are videos that that I posted on YouTube regarding some experiments I ran using Kinoki Pads:
Part 1 of 6
Part 2 of 6
Part 3 of 6
Part 4 of 6
Part 5 of 6
Part 6 of 6
Check out these videos! It covers the first two days of using the Kinoki pads. Please go into YouTube and rate these videos. Even a low rating can help. Thanks!
I’ve posted the first 5 videos of the 6 part Episode 8 of the Orville Chomer Show. I get really into the nitty-gritty of my usage of the Kinoki pads. I hope to have the last video part up on YouTube by the end of today! I will also embed these videos right here on this blog.
Some of the topics covered:
- I give dates and day counts from when I ordered the Kinoki pads to when I received them.
- I do an “un-boxing” of the Kinoki pads.
- I list out the ingredients.
- I read you the instructions that came with the Kinoki pads.
- I put a pad on my foot for the first night.
- The next morning I bring you along to seeing the results as we look at the pad I take off my foot together.
- Then I do one more time putting the next pad on in the evening and taking it off and looking at the results in the morning.
- I share with you various thoughts that I’m thinking as I go through this process.
I’m just getting around to telling you this… sorry… but I did receive my order of Kinoki pads a few days ago. I did some initial testing and video taped the whole thing. I’m in the process of editing the video and have gotten a significant amount of it completed.
So far I’d have to say that I’m not very impressed. I am going to go into more detail on that later.
I haven’t posted anything new since the first post on the Kinoki pads. I thought I’d give you a quick update.
I did receive an email from them on January 22 telling me that due to a large amount of orders they are behind in shipping out the product. Here is the content to that email:
Thank you for your recent order of the Kinoki Detox Foot Pads.
Due to huge demand for this product we are experiencing a slight shipping delay. Your order will be shipped within the next 10-15 business days.
Well, I can understand that this could happen.
As of February 1, 2008, I am still awaiting my order.
I will keep you posted.
But I did have some Mountain Dew today…. fell off the wagon.
I will not feel sorry for myself though! I instead will move on!
I did get some bugs fixed today on my project at work.
I can’t wait to get home tonight: a meal and then… work on that tutorial! Gotta get it done!