Time-Out ,3D Printing Stuff, Web Stuff and More
I’ve been off of work since just before Thanksgiving and for the month December. After a really hard year of work I finally have time off. It is wonderfully strange!
- Extruder on my Makerbot 2 3D printer got totally messed up (I may do a post on this going into more detail later).
- Started watching more videos on Lynda.com on modeling in Sketchup. Also on YouTube.
- My 3D Printer was out of commission for awhile.
- I joined the 3D Printing Group over on Facebook. You have to submit a request for membership in order to join since it is a closed group.
- This is an awesome group!
- There are a lot of members here who know a lot and are passionate about 3D Printing!
- I subscribed to the 3D Printing Nerd YouTube channel run by Joel Telling.
- One thing I saw on his channel was his review of the pre-release version of Lulzbot TAZ 6 3D Printer. I was intrigued. I could buy it on Amazon if I wanted to. $2,500.00 … a Lot of money… hmmm…
- I started learning more about how to code a PhP web site. I set up several different internal sites to do useful stuff for me and my family.
- I started looking into writing my own blogging software again. We’ll see where THAT goes!
- Saw on the 3D Printing Group a contest to design a printable Nerf dart gun. Got in on the contest rather late… I did submit an entry… basically all I had time to do was an air piston that shoots a single Nerf dart out of it’s barrel that is powered by two rubber bands.
- Also saw on the 3D Printing Group someone asked about what anyone thought about the Lulzbot TAZ 6 3D Printer.
- There was a bunch of responses of users who had the printer, loved it, loved the service, and were showing pictures of things that they printed on their new printer.
- This pushed me over the edge. My Makerbot still was not working at that time, and I just did it!
- I really like my new TAZ 6 printer! I like that it auto-levels! I like how many different kinds of filament I can use with it. More on the TAZ in another post.
- I bought some parts to fix my Makerbot from Fargo 3D Printing.
- Eventually I fixed my Makerbot and got it working again. Yay!
- Upgraded my version of WordPress here to the latest version today (its about time)!