Enabling F12 Developer Tools in IE
For some strange reason on my work computer the F12 Developer Tools option was disabled on my Tools menu in Internet Explorer (IE 11). Other devs on my team had access to it, but I did not.
Well, I found out, at least in my case, that if I did the following steps, I could enable this option:
- Click the “Start” button in the lower left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the Run… option.
- Type in the following and hit the Enter key: gpedit.msc
- You may be prompted to enter your Window user name and password, if so, enter it in.
- The Local Group Policy Editor will come up.
- On the left hand side of this window is a tree navigation control.
- Make sure that the Computer Configuration node is expanded.
- Under that, expand the Administrative Templates node.
- Under that, expand the Windows Components node.
- Under that, expand the Internet Explorer node.
- Under that, select the Toolbars node.
- Select the setting: Turn off Developer Tools
- Click the edit policy setting link to the left.
- Pick the Disabled option and Apply the changes.
That is it! After I did this the F12 Developer Tools option in IE was accessible to me!