In this article I cover how you can fix the Base SDK Missing problem you might have had using the iOS SDK 5.2. The video above is easiest to see in full screen mode.
I downloaded Apple’s iOS SDK 5.2 and installed it on my Mac. After that process was over , I decided to load an existing project of mine into XCode. Ok, good. Then I tried to do a build. Kaboom! It did not work! No worries I thought, I will just go to the drop-down and pick the latest SDK 5.2. But the option was not there! The thought came to me that I might have to create a new project and import all my files from my existing project just to get it to work. Not a very nice thought to say the least! Read more
I started working on a video tutorial on how to make a universal app which will run on both the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad. I began by describing all the different iPhone OS Templates and then focused in on the template to use to create what Apple calls Universal Apps.
Going through this exercise took more time than I really wanted to spend so I decided to split that part out. The contents of this tutorial on iPhone OS Template may seem a little obvious… but sometimes the obvious seems to land right under our noses without us noticing.
That happened to me when I started looking into the process of creating universal apps. I missed out on the fact that I could use the windows based application template to do just that. So then what other options did I have as a developer regarding these templates? I did a little digging.
This tutorial is not earth shattering, but I think it is good preparation for getting into the subject of writing universal apps.
My id for logging in to Apple’s developer web site is different than the id I normally log in to my MacBook with. I was wondering if this was the reason that I could not download the items I subscribed to in the Help program in XCode.
So, I created a user on my MacBook with the same user name and signed in as that and fired up XCode. Next, I brought up the Help, subscribed to the items that I wanted, and, bingo! Those items loaded!
When I tried to compile to the actual iPhone device (as opposed to the simulator), I still get an error… though it is a different error now.
Rats! I went to try it again and I get yet another error: “No Device is Connected” This is in spite of the fact that I can bring up iTunes and it shows that it is connected!
Oh, and in the Organizer, it shows my iPhone. Go figure! It is all too clear that I am still missing some of the pieces of the puzzle.