ServePro is at my house right now. No, they’re not cleaning up after flood or fire damage, they’re cleaning out the vents in my house. They’ve never been cleaned as long as I’ve lived here (6 years). And I’d be surprised if really if the previous owner ever had it done! Hopefully it will help us breath easier.
Tag Archives: Health
I’ve not posted allot to my blog lately. I’ve really done no work at all on my web site either. I blame it mainly on poor health. Being distracted by my health, or intentionally distracting myself in some time-wasting activity (such as playing Generals Zero Hour) in order to attempt some diverting of my thoughts away from the unpleasantness of my health to something else.
I’m sick of being sick. I’m working on seriously changing my eating habits in more than just a half-hearted way. I’m exercising more. Man! Life is a serious thing. You can’t just put a quarter in the arcade machine of life and play another game.
How many times have I put up with some consequences of my actions because I was unwilling to really apply myself to the disciple necessary to have success. Now, the consequences are just getting too real, too serious, ultimately to painful to live with. I have to change. Not to change is just too unbearable!
So I march forward as best I can, studying, and most importantly, changing my behaviour.
Sorry for not posting this sooner. Below is Episode 9 of the Orville Chomer Show. It is all about my latest experiments with the Kinoki pad.
For some people like me its hard to complete things. The mind can be this heaving ocean that floods the corners of my skull with all sorts of ideas. Some seem very cool! The frustration starts when I try to decide which ones I’m going to pursue and put some energy into. My mind wants to move around. So its hard to work very long on one idea.
I’m getting better at following through on an idea, but it is still quite a struggle. Who knows? Maybe it will be a struggle the rest of my life. Health improvements can help I’m sure: eating properly, exercise, taking vitamin supplements…
That’s a struggle too since I tend to eat bad food, drink pop as a comfort to my frustration (I hear processed sugar can work like an opiate in the brain).
The Kinoki pad testing is slightly stalled at the moment. I’ve fallen behind on my Six Sigma class I’ve been taking, and I’ve not done any work on the project with my sister for awhile.
Part of the blame could be placed on panic attack symptoms I’ve been having of late. These have dissipated as I’ve gotten back to being more disciplined in my eating habits and excercise. I’ve had to really struggle to get back to some half-way decent baseline.
Last Friday night I talked myself and my wife into buying FinalCut Express for my Mac. I was excited about some of the post-production problems I hoped it would solve. Naturally, after installing it the program would not work. The splash screen would come up and then the program would silently end… without any messages or anything. That was very discouraging!
I tried everything I could think of… I Googled for information, tried a few things, no dice! Finally I called Apple. Guess what Steve, it doesn’t always “just work!” I waited about a half and hour on hold. Yuck! Finally, I got through and, working with the guy, I was able to get FinalCut Express working. Whew!
Let’s see, I’ve done no work on Chomer.com, or any of my other forward looking projects. But I won’t quit! I want to write a post soon on what’s important in life.
Until Later… God bless!
I’ve posted the first 5 videos of the 6 part Episode 8 of the Orville Chomer Show. I get really into the nitty-gritty of my usage of the Kinoki pads. I hope to have the last video part up on YouTube by the end of today! I will also embed these videos right here on this blog.
Some of the topics covered:
- I give dates and day counts from when I ordered the Kinoki pads to when I received them.
- I do an “un-boxing” of the Kinoki pads.
- I list out the ingredients.
- I read you the instructions that came with the Kinoki pads.
- I put a pad on my foot for the first night.
- The next morning I bring you along to seeing the results as we look at the pad I take off my foot together.
- Then I do one more time putting the next pad on in the evening and taking it off and looking at the results in the morning.
- I share with you various thoughts that I’m thinking as I go through this process.
I haven’t posted anything new since the first post on the Kinoki pads. I thought I’d give you a quick update.
I did receive an email from them on January 22 telling me that due to a large amount of orders they are behind in shipping out the product. Here is the content to that email:
Thank you for your recent order of the Kinoki Detox Foot Pads.
Due to huge demand for this product we are experiencing a slight shipping delay. Your order will be shipped within the next 10-15 business days.
Well, I can understand that this could happen.
As of February 1, 2008, I am still awaiting my order.
I will keep you posted.
But I did have some Mountain Dew today…. fell off the wagon.
I will not feel sorry for myself though! I instead will move on!
I did get some bugs fixed today on my project at work.
I can’t wait to get home tonight: a meal and then… work on that tutorial! Gotta get it done!
About an hour ago I climbed the stairs at work (down and up… 30 floors). It is getting easier with every time.
To see a video I made about doing this, click here!
Have you seen the ads for Kinoki pads on television? You put it on the bottom of your foot at night and its supposed to suck toxins out of your system while you sleep. In the morning, the pad will be dark with toxic gunk that was extracted from your body.
As you do this each night, the pads you take off are supposed to become lighter and lighter until they look as if nothing happened. At that point, you are supposed to stop using them.
Well, I went to their web site: buykinoki.com and purchased their two for one offer. I did not buy any of their other products. I figure that for $20 for something that at least is harmless and at most could improve my health is worth a shot!
I did some browsing of various sites (mostly online forums) to see what others were saying about it. At this point there really isn’t a whole lot out there. But I haven’t been seeing the ads on TV for very long either.
The main bulk of the comments are people just bashing the product without any first hand knowledge about the product. Let it be known that I’ve used some products that were bashed as well but have provided noticeable benefit to me. I’ve also used products that were worthless (at least for me).
A smaller amount of users have all sorts of nice things to say about the product and how their health has improved.
And about an equally sized amount of folks think the products a fraud and sound authoritative.
The question is who are these people? Who can I trust? Just because I say that I’m John Edwards doesn’t him make me! And even if the people are who the say they are, prejudice and a faulty paradigm can exist (on any side).
So, I thought this would be a great idea for an experiment! As they say: “Stuff never written down (or documented) never happened.”
I am going to document exactly what happens with me and the company and the usage of their product.
- I am going to create a written record of events. At very least on this blog but probably on a page on the main site too.
- I am going to record video of different events as well as document them in text:
- Information regarding when I ordered the product and how.
- Information regarding how long they say it will take before I get my order.
- Any calls to customer service and their outcomes.
- Why I bought them in the first place, my expectations.
- Were my expectations met?
- Document in video placing the pad on my foot in the evening.
- Document in video taking the pad off my foot in the morning.
- We will take a close look at the pad to see what is there (video taped of course)
- Document for each of these incidents the date and time, and the day number of the treatment.
- Document any improvments in health (if any).
- Depending on the cost of a chemical analysis, I will take a sampling of the pads in for the chemical analysis and see what the results are. This would include one unused pad as a baseline.
- I will document the investigation I do in finding a resource for chemical analysis.
- I will document whether or not the pads get lighter and lighter as I continue with the treatment.
A few more comments about this:
- Please read each post carefully and completely. Don’t make assumptions about what I mean (I’ve been guilty of this myself).
- Have an open mind. If this doesn’t work, I’ve lost a few bucks and learned some new lessons. If it works, my health improves at a low cost both financially and effort-wise. If Thomas Edison had the attitude about a light bulb working the way some people have about alternative medicine, he’d never invented it, after two or three attempts he would have said, “can’t be done!”
I’m going out tonight for my birthday party so don’t expect anything new tonight. I think this will be a great experiment! You will not get mearly some high level opinions but some detailed data which you can then use to make an informed decision on your own. Just a warning, this experiment could take a few months (maybe two or three). We’ll just see where it goes, okay? Great!
All the best!