My id for logging in to Apple’s developer web site is different than the id I normally log in to my MacBook with. I was wondering if this was the reason that I could not download the items I subscribed to in the Help program in XCode.
So, I created a user on my MacBook with the same user name and signed in as that and fired up XCode. Next, I brought up the Help, subscribed to the items that I wanted, and, bingo! Those items loaded!
When I tried to compile to the actual iPhone device (as opposed to the simulator), I still get an error… though it is a different error now.
Rats! I went to try it again and I get yet another error: “No Device is Connected” This is in spite of the fact that I can bring up iTunes and it shows that it is connected!
Oh, and in the Organizer, it shows my iPhone. Go figure! It is all too clear that I am still missing some of the pieces of the puzzle.