Monthly Archives: January 2008

Tutorial Status

Share this:  

Well, I spent several hours working on that tutorial I keep talking about. Time flew fast. I said I was 90% done didn’t I… I think I was wrong!

I did alot of work on the tutorial last night… we’re up to 14 steps. Don’t worry! I am doing one step per page and I’m breaking the process down into very small steps that are easy to digest. So, there are alot of pages. There are alot of screen shots. There are two completed videos that are embedded into the tutorial.

There is one video that has been mostly edited but needs some music I think added to it and some titles. This mostly finished video is pretty short and shows taking the AVI file created via the whole process shown and importing it into Windows Moviemaker.

As far as the actual pages of the tutorial (there are 15 so far … if you include the introduction) go, I am at the point of describing the settings that need to be made when the user is ready to save that AVI file.

Let me see… how many pages left… maybe?

  • One to show the overall save video dialog box and picking Microsoft AVI from the dropdown list. …And telling the user to click the options button…
  • One to show the user how to change the width and height settings to something Moviemaker can handle.
  • One showing how the tool being used converts the HD video clip into an AVI file.
  • One showing the closing up of the tools that were used for the conversion.
  • A page showing opening of Windows MovieMaker and adding the AVI file to a video “collection.”
  • A wrapup page that talks about:
    • The problem with the size of AVI files.
    • The problem with how Moviemaker plays files from the disk.
    • How converting the whole thing into a Windows Media File and editing from that does not work.
    • Why most of the tutorial video footage was editing in iMovie not MovieMaker.
    • Outtakes. —- chances are I will release the tutorial before this part is complete. This is for a little bit of fun.

¬†That is six new pages that I still have to make yet… whew! In addition I want to create the navigation link thing to add to each of these pages to make it easy to navigate around in this tutorial, so,….. I have some work to do still!

I’m revising the completion amount to 75%.¬† Hopefully this is more realistic. I plan on working on it tonight again.

Cheers!

Some Resolution with Kyte.tv

Share this:  

Well I got home last night and tried using Kyte.tv. I had the same problems as before. But fortunately I let other people know and I got a solution to my problem:

  • In Safari, clear the cache.
  • Close Safari.
  • Shut down the computer.
  • Start up the computer.

Stuff started working again. Thanks again for all the help!